Topics

PEI (3) drinking (3) art (2) DH (1) HF (1) IWA (1) Skyrim (1) beer (1) food (1) gaming (1) graffiti (1) islanders (1) metal (1) music (1) papers (1) smoking (1)

December 30, 2011

Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes of my own heartburn

Sam and I, check out Sam's weblog at http://samantha-skywalker.blogspot.com!
I got some sleep and bought Tums with my groceries today, now I can drink whisky without waking up dead! I think the Michelada last night probably didn't help.

Beer, tomato juice, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and spice. Have at you, stomach! (photo from Wikipedia)
It's basically a Mexican Caesar with beer instead of vodka, and it is excellent. I still have beer left so I'll probably make another today, I'm not too gun-shy since I've bought Tums. My Michelada is a more Canadian version, however:
  • Molson XXX (7.3% ABV)
  • Clamato juice instead of tomato juice
  • lemon juice instead of lime
  • Worcestershire sauce
  • Frank's Red Hot sauce
  • celery salt instead of chili powder
Not very Mexican ingredients, but nonetheless; ¡Ándele! ¡Ándele! ¡Arriba!

No comments:

Post a Comment