Topics

PEI (3) drinking (3) art (2) DH (1) HF (1) IWA (1) Skyrim (1) beer (1) food (1) gaming (1) graffiti (1) islanders (1) metal (1) music (1) papers (1) smoking (1)

January 08, 2012

Has it been that long? -OR- Tales of inexplicably flustered women.

Wow, it says I last posted on the 3rd, almost five days ago. Shame on me, I suppose I'll have to make a full update of the past few days' events to make up for lost posts.

On Wednesday I worked, it was lackluster but probably only due to the Christmas' two-week wake of financial destruction on the part of the people who I serve. That happens to be the better aspect of not  celebrating Christmas, makes buying drinks for people afterwards a lot easier.
Thursday, Sam came over with Dann, to smoke and chill out before Sam and I joined my family for dinner at ESM's. I got a Stella and the chicken parmigiana sandwich, it was pretty good but I have trouble deciding what I like there because everything is chicken; I'm not a big fan of chicken because it tastes like fuck-all. Nevertheless the sandwich was decent, later we drank Boone's. Good times all-around.

Yesterday, by that I mean Friday (tomorrow doesn't come until I wake up), Sam and I went up to the mall so I could pay my Internet bill and get a few things. The lady at the counter couldn't seem to understand why I don't use my bank account to pay bills, and got inexplicably flustered the way stupid folks around here do. I haven't used my bank account in a year or so because of the monthly fees, I save money better when I deal wholly in cash. "You know the bank takes cash, right?" is an exemplary quote from our exchange, surely the finest instance of rhetoric in the modern age. It was just one of those moments where I have to nod politely, pay the bill and keep walking. It happens to me a lot actually; people like to be rude to me while they are work for some reason. Once I told a cab driver it was inconvenient the stores close earlier on Sundays, because I work late and it makes it harder to buy groceries that early. She quipped back, "That's no excuse, you've got all day. I go to bed late too. That's no excuse." The nerve, right? As if I needed an excuse for anything, all I did was state an opinion. That is a big deal with conservative Islanders though; the "right" to force every store to close on Sunday because of... I don't know, Jesus or some shit. So, I probably offended her political-religious-social mental complex by being such a goddamn bleeding-heart liberal. But, I digress.
We went to a couple places after that, I wanted to get new markers but they were really expensive, I bought a video game instead. It's pretty shitty actually, I usually hate zombie games and this one isn't much different. Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, it's pretty goddamn boring.

Later Friday night, Sam and I ventured to the bar to drink with Jenn and Rissa. We had a couple drinks and played some pool, at one point they all went to the washroom like girls do, so I racked the balls and got myself another drink. The bar is less than 15 feet from the pool table, and I was away for 30 seconds. When I turned around, two people were about to play the table I'd just set up. I told them I had just set it up for my friends and we're about to play, the guy gave me his cue. The girl stood over the table again with the cue, so I walked over and once again told her we're playing the table. She took aim anyway and said, "You don't have to be a jerk." Laying my cue across the table so she couldn't shoot, I told her again not to shoot because we were playing. She yelled, "Don't be a jerk!" I kept my stick on the table and stared at her, she put her head down, handed me the cue and walked away. All agreed that she was the jerk.
Eventually Mike showed up with a few people, we played pool some more until Kyle started skipping the cue ball and shot the balls straight into the pockets. But he's kind of a douche anyway.

"Today", we'll call it, I hanged out in the apartment with Sam until she went home. Then I had to work, it was slow at first but then it got so busy I had to call for back-up. I have to work again at 12:30, which sucks because that's in seven hours and I'm still not that tired. I'm basically just going to smoke and eat enough to become tired, and hope I pass out for like six hours. Maybe I'll post again sooner, next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment